Title: Title III Advising Specialist (Part-time)
Department/Division: Title III Federal Grant
Date Prepared: June 8, 2017
Reports To: Title III Project Director
Classification: Professional Staff (50%)
The Title III Advising Specialist is responsible for the training of faculty advisors and professional advisors in the practice of proactive advising and implementing a new information system and tools. The Advising Specialist will also perform the duties necessary with other grant personnel to ensure that all project objectives are met.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Seminole State College and the Title III grant program in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practice of Seminole State College.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development and lifelong learning.
- Performs job duties utilizing SSC’s core values: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
- Lead design, development, and pilot proactive advising services in accordance with the Title III federal grant.
- Implement and oversee completion of all strategies leading to accomplishment of objectives
- Develop and coordinate faculty and staff development in new advising system and tools.
- Coordinate with instructional technology personnel to customize the new campus information system’s retention module to support proactive advising system and strategies.
- Assist with activity and project evaluation for the Title III federal grant.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
- Travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in student services or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Prior experience in Jenzabar or similar software and academic advising highly desirable. Prior experience in faculty and staff training preferred.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills required. Applicant must possess the demonstrated skill of working collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and practice strong organizational and time management techniques; must be able to respond effectively in a variety of situations; ability to multi-task; ability to innovate and lead and manage change in a positive and inclusive manner; ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments.
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, copies of all academic transcripts, and three current names and phone numbers of professional references
Seminole State College
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74818
SSC is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted June 27, 2017
Revised July 24, 2017