Title: Part-time Professional Tutors
Date Prepared: July 1, 2017
Reports To: NASNTI Director/Engagement Specialist
Part-time Professional Tutors are responsible for providing tutoring to students in revised course pilots and working with faculty to ensure understanding of expectations and assignments for targeted classes. The incumbents will work closely with the Engagement Specialist in the coordination to offer an excellent quality of academic tutorial services; decrease course drops and withdrawals from the English and Fundamentals of Language Arts Courses; improve student study techniques and test taking strategies and create an engaging learning environment that promotes academic excellence and a positive attitude towards achieving desired academic goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Seminole State College and the NASNTI grant program in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our services, learns and uses operating practice of Seminole State College.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development and lifelong learning.
- Performs job duties utilizing SSC’s core values: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
- Complete session notes and data entry on all tutoring sessions.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge: Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s in Education or subject being tutored preferred.
- Skills: Model and coach organization, time management, and student skills; display confidence and understanding of course material while utilizing a variety of resources in session; create an environment open to feedback; understanding of student learning styles, collaborative learning projects, culturally relevant curricula and technology preferred. Both verbal and written communications skills are essential. Background similar to project participants preferred. \
- Abilities: Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team; excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
Tutors are paid an hourly rate of $15. Applications are available in the NASNTI offices, located in the Boren Library. Completed applications should be returned to the NASNTI Office or mailed to the address below. Please provide a current high school and college transcript with your completed application. Availability of positions varies throughout the academic year and summer session.
Seminole State College
ATTN: NASNTI Program
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74818
SSC is an EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted June 27, 2017