Title: Adjunct Water Fitness Instructor
Department/Division: Business and Education
Date Prepared: 7/10/2017
Reports To: Business and Education Division Chair
Classification: Adjunct Faculty
The position requires proof of current certification by a nationally recognized body specific to aquatic water fitness courses. Non-certified applicants will be considered contingent upon receiving training and presenting proof of certification before an official hire date. Experience as a water fitness instructor is preferred. Teaching assignments may include day, evening, and weekend courses taught at the Seminole State College pool. Adjunct positions are considered temporary, semester by semester assignments contingent upon need and the recommendation of the Division Chair
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Seminole State College in a manner that reflects positively on the institution.
- Empower people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning. Perform duties in a manner that is consistent with SSC's core values of compassion, opportunity, respect, and excellence.
- Follow SSC Board Policy and administrative procedures.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Engage students in assigned courses while displaying professionalism, subject matter expertise, and teaching skills.
- Utilize LMS (Learning Management Systems) including, but not limited to posting of syllabi and communication with students.
- Utilize the adopted textbook(s) for each course assigned. Utilize the division course syllabus, curriculum and materials when provided.
- Provide opportunity for student consultation through office appointments and LMS.
- Maintain accurate classroom records including course syllabi and grade books.
- Submit required forms and reports including course embedded assessment results and grades within the prescribed time frame.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide division with current contact information (email and cell or home telephone number).
- Respond to all email and voicemail in a timely manner.
- Continue to develop skills and knowledge base through professional development.
- Return keys, course materials, and grade books at the end of each semester.
- Communicate with Division Chair and Division Secretary as soon as possible about class plans in your absence
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Adjuncts should be knowledgeable in using Microsoft Office (proficient with PowerPoint and Word), and have a working knowledge of instructional technology (i.e. SmartBoard and the LMS)
Adjuncts must have a working home phone or cell number with voice mail or email.
Adjuncts must have the ability to:
Teach in assigned buildings and classrooms on campus or at offsite locations.
Follow all SSC College, Academic Affairs, and Divisional policies and procedures.
To apply, send letter of application stating qualified areas of teaching, résumé with names and telephone numbers of three references, and all academic transcripts to
Seminole State College
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74818
SSC is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted July 10, 2017