Title: Adjunct Instructor of Nursing and Health Sciences
Department/Division: Nursing and Health Science Division
Date Prepared: 5/4/2015
Reports To: Nursing and Health Science Division Chair
Classification: Adjunct Clinical or Laboratory Instructor
The Instructor of Nursing and Health Sciences is a part-time, non-tenure track position within the Nursing and Health Sciences Division. The candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing (Master’s preferred), an active unencumbered registered nurse license, and three years of recent patient care experience. Adjunct positions are considered temporary, semester by semester assignments contingent upon need and the recommendation of the Division Chair. The chosen candidate will be expected to teach lecture, lab and clinical-based courses following the course syllabus, the mission of the college, and college policies and procedures while also maintaining attendance records, grading student work, and submitting student grades in a timely manner. Teaching assignments may include day, night, and possibly week-end assignments in classrooms and off-site clinical locations. The instructor will be required to be available for student questions/concerns/issues outside of the structured instruction time frames. The position will be closely mentored by the Division Chair and an assigned faculty mentor. The position reports to the Nursing and Health Sciences Division Chair. Nursing faculty must clear a drug screen and criminal background check upon hire.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Seminole State College in the most positive manner with prospective, current, and former students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interact effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students, and other customers of our services. Learn and adhere to the policies and procedures of Seminole State College.
- Uphold the Mission Statement: Seminole State College empowers people for academic success, personal development, and lifelong learning; and SSC’s C.O.R.E Four: Compassion, Opportunity, Respect, and Excellence.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion. Comply with all current HIPAA and FERPA regulations.
- Engage students in assigned courses while displaying professionalism, subject matter expertise, and teaching skills.
- Provide timely opportunities for student consultation through office hours and the campus computer network.
- Utilize the SSC learning management system for each course including, but not limited to, the posting of syllabi, grades, attendance, and communication with students.
- Learn and adhere to Seminole State College policies and procedures. Submit required forms and reports, i.e. clinical feedback, leave, course embedded assessment, and grades in accordance with divisional and college standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide supervisor current contact information (email and cell and/or home telephone).
- Regularly check and respond to all email and voicemail in a timely manner.
- Communicate with division chair or secretary prior to or at the earliest possible opportunity regarding classroom plans for an absence.
- Maintain safe lab environment following all current OSHA standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Candidate must have at least a of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing, an active unencumbered registered nurse license, and three years of recent patient care experience. Preference awarded to candidates with a Master’s or Ph.D. in nursing.
- Faculty should be knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft Office (proficient with PowerPoint and Word), and have a working knowledge of instructional technology including the current learning management system.
- Faculty must have a working home phone or cell number with voice mail or email in the event division chair, other administrators, colleagues, and students need to contact the faculty member beyond the scheduled work hours for emergencies.
- Faculty must have the ability to teach, remediate, and perform all nursing skills and procedures that are required by the nursing student body. This includes a requirement for an annual dosage calculation competency test to be passed at 90% or better.
- Faculty must meet all clinical/hospital requirements and protocols.
To apply, send letter of application stating qualified areas of teaching, resumé with names and telephone numbers of three references, and all academic transcripts to:
Seminole State College
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74818
SSC is an AA/EEO employer committed to multicultural diversity.
SSC participates in E-verify.
Posted May 4th , 2015